Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All God's Children Can Dance (film) Haruki Murakami

Set in L.A.'s Korea-town, "All God's Children Can Dance" (2007) is the first film adaptation of a Haruki Murakami in English. American director Robert Logevall says: "When I read the story, I couldn't get it out my head. But then thought, how can you adapt Murakami? It's so incredible what he can say in a sentence. And, the movie is very fluid. It's more like a sketch. I hope it's a little sketch of a Murakami short story..."

"I can't marry you, I am the son of God."
Evelyn and her teen son Kengo live in the Korea Town section of Los Angeles. Evelyn has always maintained that Kengo’s father is God. But Kengo’s world is rocked when his one father figure, Glen, announces he has 6 months to live and that he has always been in love with his mother. Kengo soon confronts Evelyn about the past, so that they can move forward in their lives.

No comments: