Friday, July 11, 2008

Bukkakeworld and Planet of the Owls - pre order now.

The pre-order pages for the Silverthought Press (NY) novels "Bukkakeworld" and "Planet Of The Owls" have just gone live. Click either cover below to be taken to the relevant pre-order page on the Silverthought Press website.



These 'genreclectic' titles are for adults only and they're crammed to the hilt with insane surrealistic horror in a manner that only Mike Philbin aka Hertzan Chimera can deliver. Here's what Silverthought editor Paul Hughes said, "Silverthought is positively turgid to announce a two-book deal with 'genreclectic' writer Mike Philbin. Fact: Mike is the first writer whose work has made me nauseous. Fact: Most people will not enjoy these books. Fact: This is some of the best experimental transgressive fiction I’ve ever read. Bend over."

Release date of both books has been set for July 15 and are now available from amazon.com and amazon.co.uk and amazon.co.jp in the relevant currencies. Here's a link to a Silverthought page containing pictures of the finished books held aloft by a company model.

Oh, and if you're wondering what both books are really about and why they're intimately linked - remember what happened with Stanislaw Lem and other writers/artists back in the Communist era, it's all in the subtext. Look deep, dear friends, look deep.

4 comments:

Chad Goulding said...

gorgeous covers Mike. I luv em :)

PatEsposisto said...

Hey, Mike, I didn't know your novels were available. So glad to see them. Now I have to go order them :)
God, I'm in for another trip when they come in the mail! Have to prepare myself (you know I mean that in a good way).

(By the way, I know I asked you about your artwork before, but I don't remember what you said about that. I love it. Do you sell that at all in any form--I know I have it on the bookcovers, but wondered if you do prints or anything.)

PatEsposisto said...

Let me add to that, patesposisto was supposed to be Pat Esposito, but I haven't gotten back into the profile page or whatever to fix it. So, it's me. Pat.

Mike Philbin said...

hey Pat,
how's tricks?
yeah, those Silverthought books are gonna sear the goosepimpled flesh from your inner thighs, just like they always do!

LOL