Monday, August 17, 2009

jenny saville - manic street preachers

now don't get me wrong, I really fucking hate everything about 'those Welsh dwarves' (as my friend from the north puts it) The Manic Street Preachers. I mean, their hearts are obviously in the right place but there's nothing worse than their simplistic, whiny songs.


That's the (banned in some shops) wonderful cover painting for the Manic Street Preachers' latest CD 'journal for plague lovers' and they've used this artist's paintings before, on their 'the holy bible' CD. Jenny Saville lives and works in London, where she is a tutor of figure painting at the Slade School of Art - though wikipedia reckons she lives in Sicily (shrugs).

There are no plans for Jenny Saville to exhibit her work in the UK in the near future though (allegedly) she is to show some pieces in Palermo in September. Here's some more of Jenny Saville's INFAMOUSLY fleshy/gory paintings. I'm sure I saw this first painting at Tate London a few years back.



No comments: