Written by Adrian Huston
Monday, 09 January 2012 10:10
The Daily Mail reports that former Prime Minister Tony Blair's earnings have soared by 42% to £12 million. Despite this the tax bill was only £315,000.
Wouldn't we all like a situation like that?
Key points of Tony's company accounts are:
- Turnover was £12 million
- Salaries, including to the directors, totalled £2.3 million
- Premises rent etc totalled £637,000
- The accountants made £44,000.
- No dividend was paid.
- The corporation tax due was just £315,000
- This leaves over £8 million in expenses, with no explanation.
- In total the directors earned £481,000. One director received £70,000 compensation for loss of office.
As a tax consultant with hundreds of British clients abroad, I have a theory. One perhaps an investigative journalist or blogger might like to pursue. Is Tony Blair actually non-resident for tax purposes?
READ ON, at your leisure, lounge lizards ... Huston & Co tax/earnings website.