Friday, July 20, 2012

Louis Lefebvre - I, Pet Goat II - Heliofant

a film by Louis Lefebvre

Based in the beautiful Laurentian mountains just north of Montreal, Canada, Heliofant is a nascent independent computer animation studio focused on creating experimental and challenging content. Bringing together artists from the fields of dance, music, computer animation and visual arts, the company is very interested in exploring the common ground that underlies many spiritual and philosophical traditions in a lyrical form. [source HELIOFANT]

I'd seen mention of this wonderful (and politically charged) 3D animation, directed by Louis Lefebvre, but got distracted by other things. Many thanks, therefore, to Matthew Hunter for his email reminding me that I, PET GOAT II really is something Free Planet should be featuring.

So, who is Louis Lefebvre?

Well, by the power of the internet, here's an in-depth interview with the director of I, PET GOAT II at 3D World Mag, where Lefebvre explains (among other things) that, "The idea started to germinate probably in 2005. As I said I kept seeing the central figure on his boat. I never thought it would take so much time. At first I wasn't aiming at such a high quality and the story wasn't as elaborate. But as time went on it just kept pulling me in further."





There is a glosary of surrealist terms or iconographical explanation for this film on Heliofant's Gallery page, if you wanna know what the hell it's supposed to all be about.


ALEX JONES UPDATE: Alex Jones of INFOWARS has a full-length interview with Louis Lefebvre about I PET GOAT II.

4 comments:

dognamedblue said...

the vigilant citizen put out his interpretation yesterday

Justin said...

Not sure why the popular meme seems to be "Illuminati propaganda"... It is heavily opposed to the Illuminati agenda, and unmasks them as Satanic operatives pretty obviously.

The film's conclusion is also plainly stated: baptism in the fire of the Holy Spirit is the solution, and the living Christ fulfills all religions and can lead us to God, who is the only power who can defeat the evil.

Azure said...

I honestly felt VC's interpretation lacked. Big time.

ceranko said...

This video scared the HELL out of me. I actually thought that it was an Illuminati video of the coming WWIII. Scared the F#$@% out of me. Glad to know it was just a regular guy making almost a protest video. WHEW!